Join me for a week of iyengar yoga, on my home island of Zakynthos.
Away from the main busy resorts I can show you where I grew up, introduce you to the people from my village but above all share with you my passion for the sea and yoga. Come with us in a safe, friendly environment feeling the warm sea breeze as you practice. Be ensured that my Greek/Zakynthian origins will guarantee a yoga holiday to add to your yearly schedule.
The Island of Zakynthos is a very easy destination making the holiday perfect for those travelling alone or that simply cant afford to travel before they actually get to their destination. Most UK airports will take you directly to Zante airport and myself on the other end will pick you up ! All our dates are picked carefully so they can coincide with most UK flights.
The Yoga above all:
All yoga classes on our holidays are based on the teachings of BKS Iyengar and although the classes are of ”General level” and beginners are welcome, the understanding of the Iyengar yoga method is essential. All equipment is provided and we are proud that is resourced locally, encouraging the growth of the Zakynthian local community.
We are so very happy to share it with you so you don’t need to bring anything. Sam’s classes are taught in English with an approachable, funny yet firm manner.
Who can come:
Our holidays are for all people regardless of age, sex or nationality, You will need to have a regural iyengar yoga practice for at least 4months before you can take part on our holidays and be prepared for a hard practice . We can deal with any injuries or other ”personal circumstances” but make sure you list all your issues well in advance so I can be prepared. Unfortunately we do not allow children below the age of 18. All our prices are shown in (£)UK sterling but we aim for all Iyengar yoga students regardless of nationality to join us for our holidays.
A truly authentic experience:
I was born and raised on the island and have a great passion for combining my two favorite things, Yoga & Zakynthos. I know the island ”like the back of my hand” and if there is something I don’t know, I will find the right person to ask. My family still live on the island and run local businesses. I believe in the true beauty of nature in Zakynthos that is the reason why we avoid swimming pools and crowded areas. There is no equivalent to the pure turquoise sea, blue skies and green pine trees that give Zakynthos its nic name ” the flower of the east”. But also we avoid isolation as it is such a shame not to interact with the wonderful Greek people of Zante! Greek food: The food in Zakynthos consists of traditional Mediterranean components – fruits, herbs, honey, vegetables, yogurt and cheese. Most of these delicious ingredients are actually produced on the island and our local catering team will ensure that they source local products. All our meals are vegetarian with a vegan options if required.
Our resort :
Keri is a great region to stay in if you want a tranquil Greek island holiday. There are no nightclubs or large bars in this area – just a few small beach front bars and cafes. The beach at Keri is narrow and pebbly – but really very pretty. The water here is crystal clear and turquoise blue. There are a number of sunbeds along the beach to ensure you have a really comfortable day.The harbour at Keri is a popular departure point for boat trips to the Keri Caves and Marathonisi island. Marathonisi Island lies opposite Keri and the Keri Caves are just around to the right of Keri – a close boat trip from here. These two boat trips are always spectacular and are a must if you are holidaying in the Keri region.There is a great diving centre at Limni Keri. From here you can try a supervised deep sea dive whether you are a beginner or an expert.The small harbour at Keri is an extremely pretty spot, with charming little benches where you can sit and watch the boats rolling in.
Keri Caves & Marathonisi ‘Turtle’ Island :The Keri Caves, located on the south western coast of the island of Zante, are one of the most popular things to see at sea! With crystal clear, turquoise blue waters, and plenty of sea caves to explore, you won’t be disappointed with a boat trip in this region. The white cliffs in this area are really dramatic and the stunning arches coming out of the sea make for fantastic photos.
We promise you it is well worth taking a boat trip to the famous Marathonisi ‘Turtle’ Island. This picturesque turtle shaped island lies in the middle of the Bay of Laganas, floating like a turtle in the sparkling seas. The main beach on Marathonisi is really spectacular, with white sands and turquoise seas – this is the Greek Islands at their best! Marathonisi island has no inhabitants or buildings as it is one of the major nesting grounds of the Caretta Caretta Turtles and is heavily protected by the National Marine park of Zakynthos. As a result there are no sunbeds or umbrellas on the beaches here and the National
Marathia Cape :Just around the corner from Keri resort Marathia Cape is located.A lovely region, the furthest point of the South West Coast, just over the hill from Keri. The region has amazing crystal water and a large pebble beach – rarely crowded even in the peak of August. This is a great place for total relaxation, if you feel you need to get away from it all. There are no beach bars or commercial development on these beaches, although the region has a few marvellous tavernas set up the hill from the beach. Lovely walks with breathtaking views.
Hiking / walking : Surrounded by countryside and mountains, both the region of Keri and that of St Nicholas have some lovely walks, through forests, fields and mountains.
Our complex offers apartments with basic accommodation placed a few meters from the sea and it is set in a beautiful hillside location with an amazing view of Marathonisi island, a superb nature reserve where the sea turtles “Caretta Caretta” nest, and on the hill behind it. A charming path in the Mediterranean vegetation connects our complex to the old village of Keri and its superb panoramic point. Short walks connect the complex to some beaches of an pristine coastline where snorkelling can be done. For a great day at sea is enough to rent a boat and explore the exclusive beaches, accessible only by sea, topped by breath-taking cliffs, full of caves, arches, with a deep blue crystal water.
Cost £530.00pp (+£150.00 for a single room supplement if available, with early bookings).
Our price includes:
- Accommodation: sharing a twin or triple or double bedded room (subject to availability) with shared bathroom facilities per apartment. Our holiday in June offers a basic accommodation so if you require a more luxury stay this is not the yoga holiday for you. We will allocate your room companion and try to match you and your roommate as best as possible. Please give us all the info required if you already have a partner you wish to share your room with on our booking form.
- Transfers to and from the airport: We can arrange safe and reliable transfers to and from Zakynthos airport people arriving / departing at the same time. Let us know if you prefer to make your own arrangements. We can give you more information about flights and sharing a lift when you book.
- Yoga classes (general lvl): 6 mornings in the week of 2.5 hrs yoga (be prepared for a longer practice) on and 1½ hours yoga class (often relaxation/pranayama) 4 late afternoons in the week.
- Brunch all vegetarian locally sourced with a variety of food from a strictly vegetarian Greek style buffet. It will keep you going to the evening!
- All our yoga equipment: including mats, props you don’t need to bring anything for practice.
Our price doesn’t include:
- Flights: are not included in our package. Zakynthos is a very easy destination from most UK airports and our selected dates coincide with the most popular flight days of the week. You can fly from: Bristol, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow…… Just use a direct flight search engine with the exact dates and pick your airport. Common airlines include, easyjet, Aegean, Thomas Cook & Thomson airlines.
- Insurance: please make sure you make your own arrangements for travel insurance – this is a requirement for taking part on our holiday.
- Dinner: In the evenings you are free to make your own arrangements for dinner. You could stay at your apartment and use the self catering facilities or eat out visiting one of the many local tavernas.
- All our excursions / activities are at an extra cost and completely optional. See our listings for details on all the excursions planned always allowing for weather and number of people taking part.
Our complex of apartments is solely for our use and the accommodation offers:
Studio Type A • 1-3 people.
2 single sofa beds and third bed available, or double bed, equipped kitchen corner, balcony or terrace sea view, shower/wc.
Apartment Type B • 2-5 people.
One bedroom with double bed and 1 or 2 single beds, living room with single sofa bed, equipped kitchen corner, balcony or terrace sea view, shower/wc.
Typical Schedule :
|Thursday||9.00-11.30am Asana practice||12.30-brunch inclusive||6.30-8.00pm Pranayama practice|
|Friday||9.00-11.30am Asana practice||12.30-brunch inclusive||6.30-8.00pm Pranayama practice|
|Saturday||9.00-11.30am Asana practice||12.30-brunch inclusive||6.30-8.00pm Pranayama practice|
|Sunday||9.00-11.30am Pranayama practice||Free evening|
|Monday||9.00-11.30am Asana practice||12.30-brunch inclusive||6.30-8.00pm Pranayama practice|
|Tuesday||9.00-11.30am Asana practice||12.30-brunch inclusive||6.30-8.80pm Pranayama practice|
You will be asked to make a non refundable payment of £30.00 at the time of your booking to secure your space. A second interim payment of 50% of the balance within a couple of weeks of your booking and the remaining 50% aprox 6 weeks before the departure date. All payments can be easily made via our ”shop” just make sure yo pick the correct date . We require a 12 week cancellation notice after which any payments already made will be non refundable. Please check out our terms & conditions for more details on fees and cancellations. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are in difficulty for payment, we can arrange a suitable plan so you don’t feel the strain!!
Dates for 2018-19:
September 2018: 19.09-26.09 General lvl and June 2019 : 12.06-19.06 General lvl
Terms & conditions:
Please check that you are happy with our terms & conditions before proceeding with your booking.
Please contact us with any queries you may have.